It’s been a few weeks! How are you??? How has the past month or so treated you?
It’s been a whirlwind for us. We had the movers come and pack our house up, ship it, and start the move out clean process. We got some heartbreaking family news that had us moving our vacation plans up a day (along with some weather coming in). From the moment we got in till now it’s been a second whirlwind and I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t worn through by now. I hit that worn out wall and hit it hard.
As an introvert, I find it absolutely necessary to pull away from everything for a little bit in the early afternoon whether that means diving into my book or just stepping into our room to breathe for a minute. I have got to have that little bit of time to just re charge my batteries or it is a mess. Thankfully I’ve had a relatively quiet day to relax and take it a bit easy before we head straight back into everything.
I think in some ways this move has taken a lot more out of me then our past ones. I don’t know if it is us moving overseas, us having two kids now, us dealing with some other issues. I think it is honestly probably a combination of all of them. Aside from the one bit, it hasn’t been anything bad, it’s just been A LOT. I’m kind of hoping that this coming week things can calm down a bit and we can have some semblance of “normal”.
A couple of things that I’ve really been loving over the past few weeks (which aren’t really anything new or exciting for me):
- Reading. I’ve been doing lots and lots of reading. From the start of the year I’ve already read 3 or 4 books. One of the better one’s was Us Against You by Frederik Backman. I’m currently reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab and have quite the stack of books for our move.
- A Discovery of Witches the TV Show. On of my all time favorite book series has been turned into a TV Show. I’m only 3 episodes in (I’m trying REALLY hard not to binge watch them, but savor them…we’ll see how that works after this weekend.
- Standard English Breakfast Tea. I haven’t had just standard black tea in the mornings in a long time (having favored a berry flavored with extra black) and while I still like my original concoction, I have been reaching for an English Breakfast Tea (or Scottish) first thing in the morning.
- Heeled Boots. After years and years of flat boots I have found two pairs of heeled boots that I am obsessed with.
- Journaling. I have to admit- this has kind of fallen by the way side a little bit. We’ve been so go, go, go, but over the past day or two I have done a little bit first thing in the morning and it is just a really nice way to start the day (after a bit of yoga).
Drop a comment below and tell me what you’ve been up to the past couple weeks and what things you have been loving lately.